SAIL will offer virtual programs July 27 – July 31, 2020!
What are SAIL Programs?
SAIL programs are FREE one-week summer programs hosted on the University of Oregon campus, where high school students learn about various subjects from distinguished University of Oregon faculty members through fun social and interactive activities. Traditionally SAIL offers Day and Residential Program options but due to COVID-19 we are taking summer 2020 virtual. Come join us!
To apply, student must be an Oregon resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Come from a low-income family (for example, qualify for Free and Reduced lunch program)
- Be the first in your family to attend college
- Come from an underrepresented minority background
- Unaccompanied youth (in state custody, foster care, homeless or not living with family)
- Returning student
- Sibling of a returning student
Residential Program Applicants:
- Meet above criteria
- Rising high school sophomores, juniors and/or seniors
- Preference given to students traveling 30 miles, or more, from the University of Oregon campus
- Required Essay: “Why are you interested in pursuing higher education? Include examples of how you have demonstrated your interest in pursuing higher education”. (400 -500 words)