July 20-24 and July 27-31, 2020
Overnight programs begin on the Sundays before each week of SAIL, July 19 and July 26
What are SAIL Programs?
SAIL programs are FREE one-week summer programs hosted on the University of Oregon campus, where high school students learn about various subjects from distinguished University of Oregon faculty members through fun social and interactive activities. SAIL offers Day and Residential Program options. The Residential Program is more competitive due to limited capacity, and a completed essay is added to the application. Students will enjoy packed day and evening activities, as well as an “experience Eugene” evening. Come join us!
To apply, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Come from a low-income family (for example, qualify for Free and Reduced lunch program)
- Be the first in your family to attend college
- Come from an underrepresented minority background
- Unaccompanied youth (in state custody, foster care, homeless or not living with family)
- Returning student
- Sibling of a returning student
Residential Program Applicants:
- Meet above criteria
- Be a rising high school junior or senior
- Preference given to students traveling 30 miles, or more, from the University of Oregon campus
- Complete Short Essay: “Why are you interested in pursuing higher education? Include examples of how you have demonstrated your interest in pursuing higher education”. (400 -500 words)